Friday, November 7, 2014

10 months old

I love 10 month olds...I know Baxter has made school a challenge for us but when he is able to do what he wants to do, it is so fun to watch and giggle.  He is just about to cross the bridge over into Toddlerville where kids can walk but he's smart enough to know that right now crawling is faster!  I love watching his face when he figures out something new.  He giggles and squeals and is so doggone cute!!  He has figured out how to climb up onto Ruby's bed (the lower bunk) and loves to play there.  He has even come up with several ways to get back down including sliding through the space at the end between the footboard and mattress!!  This 10 month old is smart!  People love to say, "just wait until he's walking, then you'll have your hands full..."   Come on, people!  Are you kidding me?!?!  I may have mentioned this before but I can't wait for him to be up off the floor away from all the tempting things the other kids have dropped. Plus, do you know how much easier it is to hold a small child's hand and let them walk into a store, library, etc instead of carrying a baby, a diaper bag, and a pile of books or several bags of groceries!!!  Not to mention, it is so much  easier than keeping everyone in the car while I get out the stroller and/or put it back in!!  Baxter is amazing and is so fun right now.  I love this innocence before time outs start and taking things away is necessary or tantrums are thrown.  I can stop his crying with a pacifier still (usually) and don't have to exit stage left quickly because of bad behavior.  It won't be long before the "real" discipline starts and everything won't be so cute and sweet.  Believe me, I've had my hands FULL with Ruby, so I know what this guy will be capable of.  Just like Ruby, he's smart and fearless and that is asking for Toddler Trouble!  So, I want to soak up this sweet time with him because my goodness he is so sweet!!!!  Even when he jumps (!) from one of their little chairs to the other one!!  I really wonder some days if we shouldn't enroll all four of them in acrobat school and join the circus, but I digress...

No comments:

Post a Comment