Thursday, October 23, 2014

Things we need to work on

Rachel--writing better sentences.  Rachel can tell a story or give details verbally but putting it all on paper is much harder for her.  So, I've been having her write journal entries every day and today I decided to work harder on that with her.  She was in tears because I told her she capitalized a word that didn't need to be capitalized and that she needed to give me more details.  Man, I'm harsh!  Maybe what she really needs work on is taking constructive criticism...don't we all!

Ford--paying attention.  Ford likes to get through his school work as quickly as possible so he can get on with his playing.  Most of the time he does good work except that it can be a little messy.  I tried to help him stretch out his learning time today by giving him a math game to play with Rachel.  They both liked rolling the dice and adding the numbers.  Then I gave them a word game to play.  Rachel got pretty bossy and Ford could care less about spelling, so that one didn't go quite as well.  Maybe he needs to work on getting along with a controlling older sister??

Ruby--so hard to pinpoint.  Some days Ruby can write all of her numbers and letters and even spell words and read a little with no help.  Then she comes the next day and writes everything backwards or cries because I ask her what a word is.  Let's just say she needs to work on consistency.

Baxter--not crying while I'm giving instructions.  Never fails!!  He screams while I'm trying to explain things or transition to another activity.  So hard to work around!!  Oh, and maybe you could learn to walk?!?!

Me--patience.  Patience with my children.  Patience with my housemates.  Patience with the building process.  And just patience in general.  I should also try to get more sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment