Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hello, my name is Carrie and I rearrange things when I get stressed.

The funniest part of this blog title is typing my name!  It occurred to me as I was typing it that I can go days without being called by my actual name.  Usually, I just hear "Mama!"  Even Baxter yells it now, too.  Anyway...
Life is crazy, life is chaotic, my face is breaking out, closets and dressers are out of control and the world is spinning too fast!!   I need the outside world to hurry up and our inner world to slow down.  My goodness we've been living in someone else's space for over 4 months now and I can't find anything!  On the flip side, Rachel is almost SEVEN and Baxter is days away (well, maybe weeks) from walking.  Not to mention, Ford's obsession changing from Thomas to Batman and Ruby's independent streak.  It's all crazy!
So, what's a girl to do?  Well, I rearrange things.  Allen let me have time alone in the basement to rearrange the desks, vacuum the rugs, clean the chalkboard, and make a more baby-proof space.  See, I can't do this while the kids are with me because they'll tear it up or argue...can't do it while they're asleep because I'll wake them up...and we've been gone or busy so much lately that there just hasn't been any time.  I feel so much better now, though, knowing that the first part of our day should be less hectic and chaotic and Baxter has more places to play while we work.  Things are going to be better!  I mean, we even have water hooked up at the road and an official survey done for where our house will sit, too, so now I feel like we're moving in the right direction.  Can't wait to have my own space to rearrange!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment