Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Using my resources

Today was a much better school day.  We started a little later than normal so that we could clean up and get some laundry done first.  Rachel even sewed a present for Baxter before school started.  She loves bring crafty!  She worked so hard this weekend to help Allen load up bricks that we ordered her a set of looms for knitting...don't be surprised if everyone in our family has new scarves and toboggans before Christmas!  Anyway, I was delaying starting school, too, hoping that Baxter would go ahead and take a morning nap so that we wouldn't have to stop to make that happen.  Not-so-much.  He was happy to play for handwriting and math then threw a huge fit for  reading time and finally slept for Science!  During Scuence today I got the wise old idea to look in one of the books I'd bought for Rachel (What Every First Grader Needs to Know) to see if there was any info on animal habitats.  I felt about as unplanned and unorganized as I could possibly feel when I opened it to a whole section of information on all of the science topics we've been covering.  Duh!!!  Isn't that why I bought the book?!?!  I really need to get my act together here!  I'm really not doing a very good job of using all of my resources and I'm doing a lot of flying by the seat of my pants!  Just can't wait to have all of our school stuff in one place to make planning and organizing easier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment