Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mastitis 3, Me 1

Yesterday afternoon I started feelig a little achy and dizzy and even feverish.  I did not want to be sick because I had just told Amanda that we would not get sick before this weekend!!!  Our playdates keep getting cancelled because of sickness and Baxter really wants to spend time with his godparents!  And Ford is dying to play with Webb!!  I was in denial that I was sick until I got ready to feed the Bax and realized that my chest looked sunburnt!  Then I started worrying about Baxter having thrush.  I thought I could see some white spots on his tongue and. sure enough, it's thrush!  I spent the night with the chills, but Baxter slept well in his cradle.  I didn't get much rest, so dear sweet Allen let me sleep in today.
Anyway, I made it through a year of breastfeeding Rachel without mastitis or thrush, but everyone else has gotten a case of it.  Ford's was by far the worst and his poor mouth was covered in a rash.  Ruby's wasn't horrible, but it still hurt!  Baxter's I caught very early, so even though I feel awful, he doesn't seem to be bothered.  It just means that pacifiers are gone...defintely the easiest way to give up a pacifier!  He didn't even take one at the hospital and rarely keeps one in his mouth, though, so I think he'll be fine.  However, we might have a finger sucker on our hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment